- Couplings can absorb up to 10mm expansion and contraction,flange adaptors up to 5mm which allows for movement on bridge crossings, in chambers and pump stations. Often eliminates the need for special expansion joints.
- The standard finish for all Viking Johnson products is black Rilsan Nylon 11, which is highly resistant to impact, corrosion, abrasion and chemical attack. However, other coatings such as shopcoat, hot dip galvanising, zinc spray and epoxy coating can be supplied as required.
- Couplings can offer up to 6° of angular deflection, flange adaptors 3° - to allow for the connection of misaligned pipes; take up ground settlement at structures; lay pipes to large radius bends.
- Flange adaptors are often used to permit dismantling of valves in flanged pipe systems.
Metal components are coated with Rilsan Nylon 11 which is WRAS approved for use with potable water. The nuts and bolts are Sheraplex coated to WIS 4-52-03, offering long term protection against corrosion, impact and abrasion to ensure continued reliable protection to corrosion, impact and abrasion and therefore ensures continued reliable performance.
- 1. Large Diameter Stepped Couplings OD355.6 to 1222 Datasheet Download > (PDF)
Large Diameter Stepped Coupling Fitting Instructions
Large Diameter Stepped Coupling Installation Guide
A step by step approach on how to install a Viking Johnson Large Diameter Stepped Coupling. English version.
View the Video
Viking Johnson Multi Million Pound Investment
Crane BS&U has completed a multi-million pound investment in its Viking Johnson factory at Hitchin that will strengthen its business model to deliver enhanced customer benefits in terms of 'Best in Class' service and products. The investment has supported the creation of an entire linked value stream from the supply of raw materials through to the final manufacture of the products resulting in vastly improved lead times, product availability and plant flexibility.
View the Video